Annisquam Village Church
The Annisquam Village Church was established as the Third Parish of Gloucester in 1728 to serve people living in the areas of Annisquam, Bay View, Lanesville and Sandy Bay. No longer defined geographically as a “Parish,” our faith community includes people from all over Cape Ann and beyond. We have remained independent and are unaffiliated with any particular denomination. Our worship and faith is ecumenical in nature, and shaped by our Protestant heritage.
We are part of the “Community Church Movement” through our affiliation with the International Council of Community Churches (ICCC), an interracial, international fellowship composed of congregations, ministry centers and church bodies with a global vision expressed through local ministries. The Community Church movement calls Christians to unity without demands for uniformity, to dialogue without dictation, and to diversity without division.